POWERED AIR PURIFYING RESPIRATOR (PAPR DEVICE) CONTROL BOARDS
A customer with a stringent timeline engaged the JAKTOOL team to develop Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) for a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR Device) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Interface drawings revealing connector outputs and test points were designed
- Manufacturing documents describing requirements and details for manufacturing the control board were produced
- The control board, schematic, hardware selection and firmware were designed
- CAD and a tech data package for the control board were created
- Testing and functional validation of the control board was performed
Initial prototype PCBAs, for control of the fan and alarm system within the device, were designed and produced for testing in under a week. First run production boards were produced one week later. Production support continues. Rapid design to market helped our customer fill an urgent need in the fight against the spread of COVID-19.